Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stuffed Baby Bells

I made these up one day when trying to decide what to serve with my country style ribs. They pair fantastically with barbecue, but also work well as party food.

1 small clamshell package yellow, red, and orange baby bell peppers (about 8-10 oz)

4 oz (1/2 pkg) 1/3 fat cream cheese
1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1 TBS crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (more to taste)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 roasted red pepper, minced
Dash of salt

Mix all ingredients well

Cut the tops off of baby bells, clean out seedy insides, and stuff with cheese mixture. Put caps back on, exposing some of the cheese mixture in between.

Bake in a rimmed pan or baking sheet at 350 for 15 minutes, until the skins are cooked but not mushy. Blister the outsides by broiling for a couple of minutes.

Use different cheeses if you have them. I like the sharpness of the Gorgonzola with the sweetness of the peppers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm making these tonight. I have them all stuffed and ready to go in my fridge.

    I at least doubled the amount of Gorgonzola cheese and added a few drop of some white truffle-infused balsamic vinegar we picked up at Caputo's.

    I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete