Monday, March 15, 2010

My Mom's Dinner Rolls

Yeah, I know. Three recipes in one day. I got laid off from my job and I'm now made of time.

My mom always forgot to make rolls beforehand and very rarely did they get a chance to rise. Somehow, these always turned out great.

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. dry yeast
2 c. warm water
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. olive or vegetable oil
1 egg
2 1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. nonfat dry milk
5-6 c. all-purpose white flour

Directions:
1) In a large electric mixer (or use a hand mixer with dough attachments) combine yeast and warm water. Let stand 5 minutes
2) Add sugar, oil, egg, dry milk, and salt, plus 2 cups of flour.
3) Mix on high speed until mixture is smooth.
4) Add remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough forms a soft ball.
5) Shape into round balls for rolls. Dough should fill one jellyroll pan, or make 30 balls.
6) Bake at 400 degree for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment