Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lasagna Florentine


It is hard to get my boys to eat their veggies so this is a great recipe to sneak in spinach. My boys eat this up and ask for more!! We call it white lasagna cause it has a white sauce. Serves 8-10 but for us it makes leftovers for days. :)

9 lasagna noodles, cooked & drained

spinach mix:
1 (10oz)frozen, chopped spinach, drained
2 c. cooked, diced chicken(I boil & shred it)
1 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
nutmeg to taste
2 eggs
4 oz. mozzarella cheese

white sauce:
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 chicken boullion
2 c. skim milk or 2 c. half&half
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1/4 cup romanoff cheese (I can never find it and so I use more mozzarella)

1. Cook noodles & drain.
2. Combine spinach mix ingredients in bowl and set aside.
3. White Sauce: melt butter over low heat. Add garlic, chicken boullion, flour and milk. Stir until boiling. Remove from heat. Slowly add parmesan and romanoff cheese until melted.
4. Lightly rub 9/13 pan with butter. Layer lasagna: 3 lasagna noodles, then 1/2 chicken mixture, 1/3 white sauce. Repeat. 3 noodles and sauce on top.
5. Bake 350 degees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle mozz. cheese on top and bake 5-10 more minutes.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so good! It reminds me of a chicken alfredo lasagna recipe I have. I will definitely have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete