Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sweets and more sweets.

I haven't been having cravings, friends. No, I have yet to experience that awesomeness. Instead, I am just perusing cooking magazines and blogs and trying to find things that look palatable. Many times the answer includes the word(s) 'cake'. Or 'giant cookie'. Or 'fudge sauce'.

Basically, I have been in the mood to whip up desserts. Which is saying something because, as of late, my mood has not involved the desire to do much of anything except lie on the couch and say "Ughhh..." while I sniff through my congested nose. Sorry for that graphic description. Anyhow.

Here is a recipe for a Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie that I tried the other day and which turned out remarkably well. I thought for many months now that my oven is cursed because the many types of cookies I've tried to bake in said oven have all turned out less than yummy. The only type that turned out well were the gingersnaps and oh, heaven help me, they were delicious. So, I thought when I decided to make this recipe that it would probably be another disappointment.

I was wrong.

And here you go:

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie

1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar (I used dark)
1/2 c. butter, melted & cooled
1 egg
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. vanilla (my vanilla was kind of mixed with some rum extract and WOW it added a nice flavor)
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. chocolate chips (I know I used more than 1/2 c. ..)

Preheat: 350

Cream sugars and butter. Add egg, mix well. Add dry ingredients, mix. Fold in chocolate chips.

Line a large (11x17) baking pan with foil. Press dough into a circle.

The original recipe noted that a 9" dough circle should bake into an 11" cookie, but I just pressed it until I thought it was a good thickness.

Top with anything you want, like m&ms, etc., if you decide not to do chocolate chips.

Bake 13-16 minutes or until light golden brown. Let the cookie cool completely on the baking pan. This will help stabilize it so it can be easily lifted.

This was one darn good cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment